6:230 Library Resource Center
The Library Resource Center shall provide a collection, instruction, programs, and services to meet the informational, creative and rec recational needs of students and staff. Internet resources are limitless and constantly changing, therefore, LRCs must instruct students on how to find, evaluate, and ethically use information. Objectives of learning resources include the following:
- Providing a diverse and multi-format collection aligned to the school’s curriculum
- Supporting the quest for knowledge by providing for varied individual needs, interests, abilities, and maturity levels
- Nurturing a lifelong love of reading
- Offering an inviting, supportive, and stimulating environment that encourages learning within and beyond its walls
- Fostering information literacy skills to support lifelong learning
- Promoting equitable access to ideas and information
- Empowering students to become information users, critical thinkers, creative problem solvers, and skilled readers
Continuous upgrading of physical and electronic resources will be the responsibility of the Building Principal and his/her designee. Input and suggestions are accepted from school stakeholders, including teachers, parents and students.
Batavia Public Schools subscribes to the statement of policy on library philosophy as expressed in the Library Bill of Rights.
Date Adopted: 02/28/2006
Date Amended: 10/20/2015