The District maintains a half-day kindergarten with an instructional program that fulfills the District’s curriculum goals and objectives and the requirements of the State law. Students will be assigned to either a morning or afternoon session with information about the assignment available early August.
- Morning Kindergarten Hours: 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Afternoon Kindergarten Hours: 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Parents with kindergarten-age students (age 5 by September 1st) should register for the District’s Kindergarten Preview. If your child does not meet the age requirements, you may be interested in early enrollment options or in the District’s services at the Early Childhood Center for students ages 3 and 4.
Kindergarten Preview is a one-hour session for incoming kindergartners to participate in activities as a small group, observed by teachers and parents. The preview is an opportunity to observe a sample of a child’s fine-motor, cognitive, speech and language skills. Batavia Public School District 101 strongly encourages families of incoming kindergarten students to participate, which starts the enrollment process. More information about preparing your child for kindergarten is available in the Kindergarten Preview Booklet.
The next Kindergarten Preview will be held on February 14, 2020 (date is subject to change).
- To register for Kindergarten Preview, click here (registration will open in Nov. 2019)
- En español: Para inscribirse en Kindergarten Preview, haga clic aquí (la inscripción se abrirá en noviembre de 2019)
Schedule a Kindergarten Preview session at the school within your current school boundary. To qualify, your child must be turning 5 on or before Sept. 1, 2020. (Please Note: Families with children who speak primarily Spanish should consider selecting the 10 a.m. session at H.C. Storm elementary school.)
|Alice Gustafson||Grace McWayne||H.C. Storm||Hoover-Wood||J.B. Nelson||Louise White|
|9:30 AM||8:30 AM||8:30 AM||8:30 AM||8:30 AM||8:30 AM|
|10:15 AM||9:45 AM||10 AM*||9:45 AM||10 AM||10 AM|
|11 AM||11 AM||10:30 AM||11 AM||N/A||N/A|
*Session for children who speak primarily Spanish
Every effort will be made to accommodate your scheduling preferences; however, final session times will be determined by overall response. Once you have completed the appropriate Kindergarten Preview online registration form, you will receive confirmation of your scheduled time from your hone school by early February. Please contact the principal at your child’s home school if it is impossible for you to attend Kindergarten Preview.
Important Note: You will begin the registration process at Kindergarten Preview. Please bring the following required documents with you on Feb. 14:
- Your child’s original county birth certificate
- Proof of Residency, which includes:
- Real estate tax bill, signed lease, or closing agreement/mortgage AND
- Two items with name and address (driver’s license with current address, voter registration card, utility bill, current public aid card, current homeowners/renters insurance policy and premium payment receipt)
After completed forms are received at Kindergarten Preview, your child’s school will email you an access code for PowerSchool (online registration system) to complete the remainder of the required registration information, including payment of school fees and activities.