Public Records / FOIA
Many public records for Batavia Public Schools are immediately available from our website, www.bps101.net. Full access to the District’s public records is available to any person as prescribed by Illinois law through the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).
Requests for Public Records
A request for inspection or copies of public records must be made in writing and may be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, personal delivery, or U.S. mail to:
Freedom of Information Act Officer
Batavia Public School District 101
335 W Wilson St
Batavia, IL 60510
A Freedom of Information Act Officer will respond to information requests within 5 business days after the receipt of a request. Inspection or copying of public records is subject to an approved access. A FOIA Officer may extend the time for a response for up to 5 additional business days if the person requesting the information is notified of the reason for the delay or written agreement with the person requesting records is reached on a compliance period.
Any person making a request for copies of public records must pay an applicable copying fee ($0.35-$0.40 per page). No fees shall be charged for the first 50 pages of black and white, letter or legal copies. No fee will be charged for electronic copies other than the cost of the recording medium. The inspection of public records is permitted at the Rosalie Jones Administration Center, 335 W. Wilson, Batavia, IL 60510, during regular business hours.
Freedom of Information Act Officers
The Board of Education has appointed Lisa Hichens, Kathy Scaffidi, Anton Inglese, Brad Newkirk and Steve Pearce as Freedom of Information Act Officers.
Public Records & Notices
Various laws and regulations require school districts to post certain public records and notices. A reference index of the required records and notices is provided below:
- PUBLIC NOTICE “Timely Meaningful Consultation Meeting on May 4, 2020”
- House Bill 3586
- Notice that students with disabilities who do not qualify for an individualized education program may qualify for services under Section 504 of the federal Rehabilitation Act (105 ILCS 5/14-6.01)
- Annual schedule of regular school board meetings (5 ILCS 120/2.02)
- Public notice of all school board meetings (5 ILCS 120/2.02)
- Agenda of each open school board meeting (5 ILCS 120/2.02)
- Official school board open meeting minutes within 7 days after approval (5 ILCS 120/2.02)
- Final approved budget (5 ILCS 120/2.06)
- Listing of all contracts over $25,000 (105 ILCS 5/10-20.44)
- District report card (105 ILCS 5/10-17a)
- Administrator and Teacher Salary & Benefits Report (105 ILCS 5/10-20.47)
- Collective bargaining agreements (105 ILCS 5/10-20.44)
- IMRF employees making in excess of $75,000 total compensation package posted 6 days after approval of budget (105 ILCS 120/7.3)
- IMRF employees earning a minimum of $150,000 total compensation package posted 6 days prior to approval (105 ILCS 120/7.3)
- Shared services report (105 ILCS 5/17-1.1)
- Anti-bias education policies (105 ILCS 5/27-23.6)
- Board Members completed leadership training (105 ILCS 5/10-16a)
- Policy on bullying (105 ILCS 5/27-23.7)
- Freedom of Information Act notice (5 ILCS 140/6)
- Student Health Data – Immunization (105 ILCS 5/27-8.1)
- Current prevailing wage rates for Kane County (820 ILCS 130/4)
- Public Notice: School Calendar Waiver/Modification
Legal notice is hereby given by the Board of Education of Batavia Public Schools District 101 that a public hearing will be held as part of the regular board meeting at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, December 17, 2019 at the Rosalie M. Jones Administration Center located at 335 W Wilson Street in Batavia, Illinois, 60510. The purpose of said hearing will be to receive public comment on the proposed waiver/modification to IL School Code 5/10-19.05 School Improvement Days to better utilize time for in-service training programs.
BOARD OF EDUCATION, BATAVIA PUBLIC SCHOOLS DISTRICT 101, KANE COUNTY, ILLINOIS
Published on November 26, 2019