The BPS101 Board of Education meetings are held at the Rosalie Jones Administration Center located at 335 W. Wilson Street. Meetings will be held at this location unless otherwise posted. Regular meetings begin at 7:00 pm.
A school board meeting is the only means by which a school board can carry out its legal duties or exercise its legal powers. As such, the primary purpose of a school board meeting is to transact business. Secondarily, school board meetings provide opportunities for creative and constructive decision-making by board members while attempting to reach a consensus on strategic issues. In addition, school board meetings offer the public and staff an opportunity to address the Board of Education.
Public Notice: Individuals with disabilities who require accommodation(s) while attending District events/meetings should notify District personnel of the accommodation(s) required at a minimum of 48 hours before the event/meeting. Requests are to be made directly to the Board of Education at 630-937-8834.
Board Meeting Dates
|Board Meeting Dates 2022
|Board Meeting Dates 2023
|Board Meeting Dates 2024
Agendas, meeting minutes, and related meeting documents are available on BoardDocs, the District’s document management system. The meeting minutes represent official actions taken by the Board but do not include verbatim transcripts of conversations and discussions from each meeting.
Board of Education meetings will be streamed live on this page.
If anyone wishes to address the Board of Education at their regularly scheduled meeting, you will be given time to speak during the Public Comment section of the Meeting. Agendas can be found here. Here are some guidelines for Public Comment at our meetings:
- Submit the public comment form to the Recording Secretary, Cindy Rodriguez. The form asks for first name and last name of the speaker, as we are required by state law to keep a detailed set of minutes of our meetings.
- Address the Board only at the appropriate time as indicated on the agenda and when recognized by the Board President.
- Identify oneself and be brief. Ordinarily, the time for any one person to address the Board during public comments shall be limited to 3 minutes. When an individual representing a group notifies the Board President and Superintendent in advance of the meeting, the individual may be granted 5 minutes for comments. The names of the people or organizations the speaker represents must be provided.
- Observe, when necessary and appropriate, the:
- Shortening the time for each person to address the Board during public comment to conserve time and give the maximum number of individuals an opportunity to speak.
- Limiting the minutes for public comment during the designated agenda item to allow the Board to attend to other agenda items. If it is determined to limit the number of minutes for public comments, there shall be a minimum of 30 minutes of comments allowed and then public comments will reopen after the Board addresses the other agenda items.
- Determination of procedural matters regarding public participation not otherwise covered in Board policy.
- Conduct oneself with respect and civility toward others and otherwise abide by Board policy, 8:030, Visitors to and Conduct on School Property.
Email the Board’s recording secretary, Cindy Rodriguez, with any questions.