The District maintains a half-day kindergarten, along with a half-day Enrichment Program, with an instructional focus that fulfills the District’s curriculum goals and objectives and the requirements of the State law. Students are assigned to either a morning or afternoon session with information about the assignment available in early August.
- Morning Kindergarten Hours: 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Afternoon Kindergarten Hours: 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- A sample schedule that includes the Enrichment Program can be found HERE.
For children turning 5 years of age on or before September 1 of the upcoming school year, BPS101 kindergarten is open to all BPS101 residents. As we begin welcoming the next class of future Batavia Bulldogs, we host “meet and greet” sessions at each elementary school before the start of school year. The purpose of these sessions is to welcome you and your child(ren) to kindergarten and a 13 year partnership with BPS101. We will have time for your child to see their classroom and meet their teacher. We will also give you a primer on school basics such as drop off, pick up, lunches, etc. This will make for a great first day of school! See your school’s calendar for more details.
Here is information about District school boundaries if you are unsure where your student would attend elementary school in our District.
Current Early Childhood Program Students: If there have been no changes to your address, no documentation is necessary. Updated proof of residency will be required if your address has changed. If you rent, a current lease will be required.
First Time Students to BPS: You will be asked to submit the following documentation for registration. If possible, please bring photocopies. All students that plan to attend MUST be registered and families MUST provide the below documentation. Residency verification is required for all new students to Batavia including those who have siblings already in the district. A notary will be available for the Affidavit of Enrollment and Residency.
- The child’s county issued birth certificate
- Proof of Residency, which includes (a detailed list can be found HERE).
- Real estate tax bill, a signed lease, Warranty Deed, or mortgage statement AND
- Two items with name and current address (driver’s license, vehicle registration, utility bill, credit card statement, bank statement, public aid card, homeowners/renters/car insurance policy). Items must be dated within 60 days.
- Affidavit of Enrollment and Residency
- Initial Student Enrollment Forms (Part I and Part II)
Once your registration has been approved, you will receive an email Welcome Letter providing log in credentials to set up a PowerSchool account.
Prior to the first day of school, August 16, 2022, you will also need to complete these medical requirements for your student.
If you need additional assistance with registration, please call (630) 937-8800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
BPS101 hosts a Kindergarten Enrichment Program in-house. The BPS101 Kindergarten Enrichment program coordinates with the District’s Half-Day Kindergarten Program (HDK). Kindergarten Enrichment students engage in work and play in line with the themes and skills developed in the HDK program. These skills are an extension of the core program with an emphasis on play and exploration. Click HERE for additional information on the 2022-23 Kindergarten Enrichment Program.