A message to BPS101 families
The death of George Floyd on May 25, 2020, is the latest of many signs of the racial injustices that persist in our country. We at BPS101 are deeply mournful of his death and the continuing injustices.
We are committed to
- Creating opportunities for students to learn about and talk about the injustices
- Teaching students to advocate for themselves and others
- Helping students explore options for how to make change
- Planning differently for students of color and marginalized students
- Prioritizing social and emotional health.
Always Learning, Always Growing means that we need to learn and grow from these experiences to improve. Getting better at our approaches will require additional focus and planning with our community.
Dr. Lisa Hichens