Portrait of a Graduate
Overview of the Project
Portrait of a Graduate involves framing a vision of hopes, aspirations, and dreams that our community has for our young people. Our shared vision allows all students to have an educational experience that prepares them to become lifelong learners and contributors. This shared agreement is a unique community-owned picture of what graduates need for success.
Representation on Our Portrait Team
Building a dynamic team that is highly diverse and effectively represents all aspects of our community will contribute to the success of the ultimate outcome. It also sets the stage for a strong base of support in the broader community. Through this inclusive process, the Portrait of a Graduate becomes the community’s collective vision for its students.
August 2021 Update
The Portrait of a Graduate team created this video that explains how the 5 characteristics were developed.
March 2021 Update
Work Impacted by Portrait of a Graduate
*In between the meetings in February and March, there may be a small group or individual call for feedback.
- Defined social and emotional competencies that will guide instruction PreK-12 for all students.
- Clear communication to our growing community partners what we are aiming for in our students
- Alignment of our values and goals for curriculum as well as the co-curricular program.
- Support BOE policies for …
- 6:065 Student Social and Emotional Development
- 7:175 Behavior Intervention Support
- 7:190 Student Behavior
For additional information on the Portrait of a Graduate project, please contact Ming Shelby at (630) 937-8808.