6:145 Migrant Students
The Superintendent will develop and implement a program to address the needs of migrant children in the District.
This program will include a means to:
- Identify migrant students and assess their educational and related health and social needs.
- Provide a full range of services to migrant students including applicable Title I programs, special education, gifted education, vocational education, language programs, counseling programs and elective classes.
- Provide migrant children with the opportunity to meet the same statewide assessment standards that all children are expected to meet.
- Provide advocacy and outreach programs to migrant children and their families and professional development for District staff.
- Provide parents/guardians an opportunity for meaningful participation in the program.
Migrant Education Program for Parent(s)/Guardian(s) Involvement
Parent(s)/guardian(s) of migrant students will be involved in and regularly consulted about the development, implementation, operation, and evaluation of the migrant program.
Parent(s)/guardian(s) of migrant students will receive instruction regarding their role in improving the academic achievement of their children.
Date Adopted: 02/28/2006