7:190-AP2 – Student Handbook – Gang Activity Prohibited
Students are prohibited from engaging in gang activity. A “gang” is any group of 2 or more persons whose purpose includes the commission of illegal acts.
No student shall engage in any gang activity, including but not limited to:
- Wearing, using, distributing, displaying, or selling any clothing, jewelry, emblem, badge, symbol, sign, or other thing that are evidence of membership or affiliation in any gang,
- Committing any act or omission, or using any speech, either verbal or non-verbal (such as gestures or hand-shakes) showing membership or affiliation in a gang, and
- Using any speech or committing any act or omission in furtherance of any gang or gang activity, including but not limited to: (a) soliciting others for membership in any gangs, (b) requesting any person to pay protection or otherwise intimidating or threatening any person, (c) committing any other illegal act or other violation of school district policies, (d) inciting other students to act with physical violence upon any other person.
Students engaging in any gang-related activity will be subject to one or more of the following disciplinary actions:
- Removal from extracurricular and athletic activities
- Conference with parent(s)/guardian(s)
- Referral to appropriate law enforcement agency
- Suspension for up to 10 days
- Expulsion not to exceed 2 calendar years
Date Adopted: 06/24/2009