7:300 Extracurricular Athletics
Student participation in school-sponsored extracurricular athletic activities is contingent upon the following:
- The student must meet the academic criteria set forth in the Board policy 6:190 (Extra-curricular and Co-curricular Activities), on school sponsored extracurricular activities.
- The parent(s)/guardian(s) must provide written permission for the student’s participation, giving the District full waiver of responsibility of the risks involved.
- The student must present a certificate of physical fitness issued by a licensed physician, an advanced practice nurse, or a physician assistant who assures that the student’s health status allows for active athletic participation.
- The student and parent must sign the Code of Conduct for Extracurricular Activities.
- The student and his or her parent(s)/guardian(s) must complete forms required by the Illinois High School Association (IHSA) concerning its performance-enhancing substance testing program, implemented in accordance with State law, before the student may participate in an athletic competition sponsored or sanctioned by IHSA.
The Superintendent or designee shall maintain the necessary records to ensure student compliance with this policy.
Date Adopted: 12/15/2009