7:250 Student Support Services
The following student support services may be provided by the School District:
- Health services supervised by a qualified school nurse. The Superintendent or designee may implement procedures to further a healthy school environment and prevent or reduce the spread of disease.
- Educational and psychological testing services and the services of a psychologist as needed. In all cases, written permission to administer a psychological examination or case study evaluation must be obtained from a student’s parent(s)/guardian(s). The results will be given to the parent/guardian, with interpretation, as well as to the appropriate professional staff.
- The services of a school social worker. A student’s parent(s)/guardian(s) must consent to regular or continuing services from a social worker.
- Guidance and school counseling services.
- A liaison to facilitate the enrollment and transfer of records of students in the legal custody of the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services when enrolling in or changing schools.
The Superintendent or designee shall develop protocols for responding to students with social, emotional, or mental health needs that impact learning ability. The District, however, assumes no liability for preventing, identifying, or treating such needs.
Erin’s Law Counseling Options, Assistance and Intervention
The Superintendent or designee will ensure that each school building’s Student Support Committee identifies counseling options for students who are affected by sexual abuse, along with District and community-based options for victims of sexual abuse to obtain assistance and intervention. Community-based options must include a Children’s Advocacy Center and sexual assault crisis center(s) that serve the District, if any.
This policy shall be implemented in a manner consistent with State and federal laws, including the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, 42 U.S.C. §12101 et seq.
405 ILCS 49/1 et seq. Children’s Mental Health Act of 2003,
74 ILCS 110/ Mental Health and Developmental Disabilities Confidentiality Act
Date Adopted: April 8, 2008
Date Amended: January 23, 2018
Date Amended: January 25, 2022