7:300-E1 Agreement to Participate
On District letterhead
Each student and his or her parent/guardian must read and sign this Agreement to Participate each year before being allowed to participate in interscholastic sport(s) or intramural athletics. The completed Agreement should be returned to the Coach.
Student name (printed) _____________________________
1. I wish to participate in the interscholastic sport(s) or intramural athletics that are circled: baseball, basketball, cheerleading, cross country, field hockey, football, golf, gymnastics, lacrosse, soccer, softball, swimming/diving, tennis, track, volleyball, wrestling, other (identify sports) ________________________________. (Another Agreement must be signed if the student later decides to participate in a sport not circled above.)
2. Before I will be allowed to participate, I must provide the School District with a certificate of physical fitness (if participating in interscholastic sport(s), the Pre-Participation Physical Examination Form serves this purpose), show proof of accident insurance coverage, and complete any forms required by the Illinois High School Association (IHSA).
3. I agree to abide by all conduct rules and will behave in a sportsmanlike manner. I agree to follow the coaches’ instructions, playing techniques, and training schedule as well as all safety rules.
4. I understand that Board policy 7:305, Student Athlete Concussions and Head Injuries, requires, among other things, that a student athlete who exhibits signs and symptoms, or behaviors consistent with a concussion or head injury must be removed from participation or competition at that time and that such student will not be allowed to return to play unless cleared to do so by a physician licensed to practice medicine in all its branches or a certified athletic trainer.
5. I am aware that with participation in sports comes the risk of injury, and I understand that the degree of danger and seriousness of risk vary significantly from one sport to another with contact sports carrying the highest risk. I am aware that participating in sports involves travel with the team. I acknowledge and accept the risks inherent in the sport(s) or athletics in which I will be participating and in all travel involved. I agree to hold the District, its employees, agents, coaches, School Board members, and volunteers harmless from any and all liability, actions, claims, or demands of any kind and nature whatsoever that may arise by or in connection with my participating in the schoolsponsored interscholastic sport(s) or intramural athletics. The terms hereof shall serve as a release and assumption of risk for my heirs, estate, executor, administrator, assignees, and for all members of my family.
Student signature ___________________________________ Date _____________
Date Adopted: 01/11/2012