7:190-AP1 – Student Handbook – Hazing Prohibited
Soliciting, encouraging, aiding, or engaging in hazing, no matter when or where it occurs, is prohibited. “Hazing” means any intentional, knowing, or reckless act directed against a student for the purpose of being initiated into, affiliating with, holding office in, or maintaining membership in any group, organization, club, or athletic team whose members are or include other students.
Students engaging in hazing will be subject to one or more of the following disciplinary actions:
- Removal from the extracurricular activities,
- Conference with parents/guardians, and/or
- Referral to appropriate law enforcement agency.
Students engaging in hazing that endangers the mental or physical health or safety of another person may also be subject to:
- Suspension for up to 10 days, and/or
- Expulsion for the remainder of the school term.
Date Adopted: 06/24/2009