5:190-E1 Notice to Parents of Their Right to Request Their Child’s Classroom Teachers’ Qualifications
On District letterhead
Re: Notice to Parents of Their Right to Request Their Child’s Classroom Teachers’ Qualifications
As a parent or guardian of a student at a school receiving funds under Title I of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act, you have the right to know the professional qualifications of the teachers who instruct your child and the paraprofessionals, if any, who assist them. Federal law gives you the right to receive the following information about each of your child’s classroom teachers and their paraprofessional assistants, if any:
- Whether Illinois has licensed or qualified the teacher for the grades and subjects he or she teaches.
- Whether the teacher is teaching under an emergency permit or other provisional status by which State licensing criteria have been waived.
- The teacher’s college major.
- Whether the teacher has any advanced degrees and, if so, the subject of the degrees.
- Whether any instructional aides or similar paraprofessionals provide services to your child and, if they do, their qualifications.
This notice is required by federal law (20 U.S.C. §6312(e)(1)(A)). If you would like to receive any of this information, please contact the District office.
Date Approved: March 13, 2008
Dated Amended: August 24, 2021