5:035-AP2 – Employee Records Required by the Fair Labor Standards Act
Business office working with supervisors of non-exempt employees
Keep the following records concerning non-exempt employees for 3 years:
- Full name and social security number and, on the same record, any symbol that might be used in place of the employee’s name on any time, work or payroll records;
- Home address, including zip code;
- Date of birth, if under age 19;
- Gender and the employee’s occupation;
- Time of day and day of week on which the employee’s workweek begins;
- Explain: i) the hourly rate of pay for any workweek when overtime is due; ii) the basis on which wages are paid; and iii) the amount and nature of each payment that is excluded from the regular rate;
- Hours worked by the employee each workday and the total hours each workweek;
- Total daily or weekly straight time earnings, excluding overtime pay;
- Total pay for overtime hours;
- Total additions to or deductions from wages paid each pay period;
- Total wages paid each pay period; and
- Date of payment and the pay period covered by the payment.
|Business office working with supervisors of exempt employees
||Keep the following records concerning exempt employees for 3 years – the records listed in numbers 1-5, 11, and 12 above and a record showing the basis on which the exempt employee’s wages are paid.
||Keep records regarding the posting of notices.
Date Adopted: March 31, 2008