2:125-E3 Resolution to Regulate Expense Reimbursements
WHEREAS, Section 10-20 of the School Code (105 ILCS 5/10-20) grants school boards other powers that are not inconsistent with their duties;
WHEREAS, Section 10 of the Local Government Travel Expense Control Act (50 ILCS 150/, added by P.A. 99-604, eff. 1-1-17) provides that the School Board shall by resolution regulate the reimbursement of all travel, meal, and lodging expenses of officers and employees, including, but not limited to: (1) the types of official business for which travel, meal, and lodging expenses are allowed; (2) maximum allowable reimbursement for travel, meal, and lodging expenses; and (3) a standardized form for submission of travel, meal, and lodging expenses supported with minimum documentation;
WHEREAS, the Board regulates the types of expenses that are allowed in Board Policies 2:125, Board Member Compensation; Expenses and 5:060, Expenses;
WHEREAS, based upon the School District’s budget and other financial considerations, the Superintendent has recommended to the Board a maximum allowable reimbursement amount of $__________________ for Board members and District staff;
WHEREAS, submitted expenses that exceed the Board’s maximum allowable reimbursement amount may be approved by a roll call vote at an open meeting of the Board when an emergency or other extraordinary circumstance exists (50 ILCS 150/10 and 15);
WHEREAS, all Board member expenses must be approved by a roll call vote at an open meeting of the Board (50 ILCS 150/15);
THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that the Board hereby:
- Defines and sets the types of allowable expenses through Board policy 2:125, Board Member Compensation; Expenses and 5:060, Expenses.
- Sets the maximum allowable reimbursement for travel, meal, and lodging expenses to an amount not to exceed $____________, effective on _____________ (date) until the Resolution is rescinded or replaced by the Board.
- Supersedes its previously adopted Resolution to Regulate Expense Reimbursements as of the effective date in paragraph two above.
- Requires use of Board exhibits 2:125-E1, Board Member Expense Reimbursement Form; 2:125-E2, Board Member Estimated Expense Approval Form; 5:060-E1, Employee Expense Reimbursement Form; and 5:60-E2, Employee Estimated Expense Approval Form.
- May approve expenses that exceed the Board’s maximum allowable reimbursement amount by a roll call vote at an open meeting when an emergency or other extraordinary circumstance exists.
- Must approve its members’ expenses by a roll call vote at an open meeting.
Attested by: , Board President
Attested by: , Board Secretary