4:170-AP5-Snow Removal Procedures
1. Overnight Snow (accumulation before start of school):
- Accumulations of 1” or less will result in a salt crew spreading salt in the drive lanes of all parking lots prior to 7 a.m.
- Maintenance will plow parking lots and driveways at BHS/RMS/GMW/HWS from 3:30-6:00 a.m.
Note: BHS bus lane and adjacent walkway will not be cleared until after 5:30 a.m. to keep noise levels down for our neighbors.
- Maintenance will plow parking lots and driveways at the remaining elementary schools from 6:00-8:00 a.m.
- Level II Maintenance (Head Custodians) at each building will be responsible for clearing snow from the sidewalks and salting. All walks and fire exits must be cleared and accessible no less than ½ hour before school starts. e Building Principal will be in building to open school at regular time.
2. Morning/Afternoon Snow (accumulation while school in session):
- Maintenance will plow as much as possible until students are released for the day. Plowing will resume once buses and cars have left the lot.
- Level II Maintenance (Head Custodians) at each building will be responsible for clearing snow from the sidewalks. All walks and fire exits must be cleared and accessible no less than ½ hour before dismissal.
3. Weekend & Holidays
- Parking lots and sidewalks will not be cleared until next attendance day.
- B&G will check FS Direct for scheduled events in building and provide snow clearing as needed in consultation with building principal.
4. Snow removal is a critical function of school safety. Staff will follow maintenance crew directions pertaining to:
- Appropriate arrival time on snow days to ensure the crews can work unencumbered
- Where to park when/if snow clearing is still happening in the parking lot.
- Relocating parked cars before, during, or after snow events.
Date Adopted: April 5, 2013