2:220-E2 Motion to Adjourn to Closed Meeting
A motion was made by ____________________________ , and seconded by ________________________________, to adjourn to closed meeting to discuss:
- The appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance, or dismissal of specific employees, specific individuals who serve as independent contractors, or specific volunteers of the District or legal counsel for the District, including hearing testimony on a complaint lodged against an employee, a specific individual who serves as an independent contractor, or a volunteer of the District or against legal counsel for the District to determine its validity. However, a meeting to consider an increase in compensation to a specific employee of a public body that is subject to the Local Government Wage Increase Transparency Act may not be closed and shall be open to the public and posted and held in accordance with this Act. 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(1), amended by P.A. 101-459.
- Collective negotiating matters between the District and its employees or their representatives, or deliberations concerning salary schedules for one or more classes of employees. 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(2).
- The selection of a person to fill a public office, including a vacancy in a public office, when the District is given power to appoint under law or ordinance, or the discipline, performance or removal of the occupant of a public office, when the District is given power to remove the occupant under law or ordinance. 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(3).
- Evidence or testimony presented in open hearing, or in closed hearing where authorized by law, to a quasi-adjudicative body, as defined in the Open Meetings Act, provided that the body prepares and makes available for public inspection a written decision with its determinative reasoning. 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(4).
- The purchase or lease of real property for the use of the District, including meetings held for the purpose of discussing whether a particular parcel should be acquired. 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(5).
- The setting of a price for sale or lease of property owned by the District. 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(6).
- The sale or purchase of securities, investments, or investment contracts. 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(7).
- Security procedures, school building safety and security, and the use of personnel and equipment to respond to an actual, a threatened, or a reasonably potential danger to the safety of employees, students, staff, the public, or public property. 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(8).
- Student disciplinary cases. 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(9).
- The placement of individual students in special education programs and other matters relating to individual students. 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(10).
- Litigation, when an action against, affecting or on behalf of the particular District has been filed and is pending before a court or administrative tribunal, or when the District finds that an action is probable or imminent, in which case the basis for the finding shall be recorded and entered into the closed meeting minutes. 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(11).
- The establishment of reserves or settlement of claims as provided in the Local Government and Governmental Employees Tort Immunity Act, if otherwise the disposition of a claim or potential claim might be prejudiced, or the review or discussion of claims, loss or risk management information, records, data, advice or communications from or with respect to any insurer of the District or any intergovernmental risk management association or self insurance pool of which the District is a member. 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(12).
- Self-evaluation, practices and procedures or professional ethics, when meeting with a representative of a statewide association of which the District is a member. 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(16).
- Discussion of minutes of meetings lawfully closed, whether for purposes of approval by the body of the minutes or semi-annual review of the minutes as mandated by Section 2.06. 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(21).
- Meetings between internal or external auditors and governmental audit committees, finance committees, and their equivalents, when the discussion involves internal control weaknesses, identification of potential fraud risk areas, known or suspected frauds, and fraud interviews conducted in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards of the United States of America. 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(29).
Closed Meeting Roll Call
Motion: _____ Carried _____ Failed
Date Adopted: May 5, 2008
Date Amended: February 9, 2016
Date Amended: November 15, 2016
Date Amended: January 21, 2020