The Early Childhood Center shares parking with Alice Gustafson School staff members. There are a limited number of parking spaces for families to drop off and pick up children. In order for our families to arrive and depart safely from school each day, please follow these guidelines:
- The entrance for the Early Childhood Center parking lot is located at the west parking lot of Alice Gustafson School on Carlisle Road.
- The parking lot is a one-way traffic loop with one entrance and one exit, please drive slowly.
- School buses park directly in front of the main entrance doors in the yellow striped areas. Cars are not allowed to park in this space.
- It is against the law to pass a school bus when the stop sign is out.
- It is against the law to use a cell phone and other electronic devices while driving and is especially dangerous in a school zone. The school zone signs are posted along Carlisle Road, Roberts Lane, and Danforth.
- You may park your car in any open space in the parking lots except the Walk-in Speech designated spots.
- The handicapped parking spaces are reserved for vehicles with a handicap placard or handicap license plate issued by the State of Illinois.
- Short-term parking is available along the side of the school building (the area between the two parking lots near the AGS dumpsters).
- Parking is also available along Carlisle Road; families may walk to the door.
- Supervise your children by holding their hands when walking through the parking lot.
- The main office waiting area is reserved for families with walk-in speech services or families waiting for appointments.