4:055-E1 Batavia Public Schools Procurement Card (P-Card) Use Agreement
Procurement Card (P-Card) Use Agreement
AGREEMENT made this ____ day of ____________ , 20___ , between the Board of Education of Batavia Public Schools, Kane County, Illinois (hereinafter the “Board”), and ____________________________________ (hereinafter the “Staff Member”).
WHEREAS, by this Agreement the Staff Member has been entrusted with a procurement credit card (“P-Card”) for use in the purchase of goods and services solely and exclusively for the authorized business purposes of the Board: and
WHEREAS, the Staff Member agrees to abide by the terms and conditions of the P-Card as set forth herein.
- NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual covenants and conditions set forth herein, it is agreed by the Board and the Staff Member as follows: The Board hereby issues the Staff Member P-Card ending with ___ ___ ___ ___.
- The Staff Member hereby agrees to immediately return the P-Card upon request.
- No staff member may use a District procurement card to make purchases in a manner contrary to State law including, but not limited to the bidding and other purchasing requirements in 105 ILCS 5/10-20.21 or any Board policy.
- Statements are ready for review by the 6 th of the month. Staff Member shall submit all receipts and such other reasonable documentation of goods or services purchased as requested by the Director of Finance by the 10th of the month so that payment may be processed. All purchases must be signed off by staff member’s supervisor as indicated.
- Staff Member shall promptly review monthly P-Card transaction statements for accuracy and shall within ten (10) calendar days of receipt of the statement notify the Business Office of any errors, omissions, or discrepancies in the statement.
- Staff Member shall immediately notify the bank in the event of a possible loss, theft, or unauthorized use of the Card by notifying the Bank by phone at the number listed on the back of the card. Staff Member shall also immediately notify the Director of Finance of possible loss, theft, or unauthorized use of the card.
- Utilization of the P-Card must be within budget parameters. Rev. 1-15
- Staff Member misuse or abuse of the P-Card and failure to abide by the terms and conditions of this Agreement and the Batavia Public Schools Procurement Card Policy will result in revocation of the P-Card and appropriate disciplinary action which may include termination. P-Card use agreement violations include, but are not limited to: a. Purchasing items for personal use;b. Using the P-Card for personal travel and entertainment expense; c. Failure to return the P-Card when reassigned, relocated, or transferred; d. Failure to submit proper documentation with each monthly statement.
- Staff Member shall immediately indemnify the Board for any improper or unauthorized expenditure and for any and all costs and expenses (including attorneys’ fees and expenses) incurred by the Board in recovering improper or unauthorized expenditures by the Staff Member. Inappropriate charges will be recouped via payroll deduction.
- School district purchases are tax exempt. Batavia Public Schools tax exemption number is displayed on the card. Sales tax exemption certificates may be obtained from the Business Office. It is the responsibility of the cardholder to make certain that sales tax is not charged.
- If a receipt is lost, you may request a “Missing Receipt” document from the PCard Administrator. You will be allowed up to two missing receipt documents per year but you may be personally liable for the charges associated with the lost receipt. If you misplace more than two receipts you will lose your P-Card privileges and your card will be cancelled.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties hereto have made and executed this Agreement the day and year first above written.
Assistant Superintendent for Finance
Staff Member Name ______________________________________________
Staff Position ______________________________________________
Card Supervisor ______________________________________
Attest:__________________________ Monthly Limit: $__________________
Assistant Director of Finance
Date Adopted: December 5, 2008
Date Amended: January 21, 2015