High-Ability Services –Gifted and Talented Education
Batavia Public Schools services for high-ability students support the whole child, academically, socially, and emotionally. Personalized and flexible services include appropriate rigor and result in student engagement that fosters continuous growth and learning.
- A culture that embraces a growth-mindset and allows for productive struggle is an essential component of the learning process.
- A supportive environment teaches communication, collaboration, and perseverance, fosters creative problem-solving, and sparks curiosity.
- All students are individuals with unique needs and thrive in an environment that recognizes and responds to their academic, social, and emotional needs.
- Student self-efficacy and advocacy are fundamental skills that must be developed and supported through the learning process.
- Purposeful assessments support the growth of students through high-quality feedback, self-reflection, and student ownership of the learning process.
- Collaboration and two-way communication are essential to the success of the learning community and is inclusive of parents, teachers, students, and the community