Phase 2: Discover/Explore
Global Perspective Open House
In case you missed it:
During Phase 2, DLR Group will have a series of workshops designed to gather input on the future of Batavia Public School District 101 from different key stakeholder groups. Each workshop will have an educational/informational component and one or more activities designed to gather input. Generally, these workshops will be 90 minutes in length (unless noted otherwise.)
District Leadership Workshop
- Purpose: To define EFMP Edges and engage in an introductory conversation around Curriculum and Instruction.
- Attendees: Admin and Teacher Leadership
- Date and time: May 2nd 8:30 am
Curriculum and Instruction Staff Workshops
- Purpose: To gather input from staff and students on how the environment could support teaching and learning now and in the future.
- Attendees: Staff and students
- Dates, times, and locations:
- Elementary Staff: Tuesday, Sept. 10th 12:30-3:30 pm at RJAC
- Middle School Staff: Tuesday, Sept. 10th 8:00-11:00 am at RMS
- High School Staff: Friday, Sept. 13th 7:30-10:30 am at BHS
- Students: Friday, Sept. 13th 11:30 am -2:15 pm at BHS
- RMS students depart for BHS at 11:10 and return by 2:40
Global Perspectives Community Open House
- Purpose: To discuss current and future educational practices (global and local) with the community.
- Attendees: Open to the public; Core Team encouraged to attend
- Date and Time: Thursday, Sept. 26th 6:30 pm
- Location: Rotolo Middle School LRC (Event Flyer)
- Presentation Slides from Event
- Video of Event
- Purpose: To gather input from end-users and members of the community who have an interest in sustainability.
- Attendees: By invitation only
- Date and Time: Wednesday, Sept. 4th 4:00-7:00 pm
- Location: RJAC
The Core Team met regularly during Phase 2. A list of their 5 Key Take-Aways from each meeting as well as a list of stakeholder presentations during this Phase can be found on the Core Team’s web page.
Crucial to the process is the ability to tour facilities that align with the information obtained during the workshops listed above. This will afford small groups of administrators and Core Team members to see programs firsthand and ask questions to those who occupy that school/facility.
Board of Education Updates
- Tuesday, May 21st
- Tuesday, Sept. 24th
- Tuesday, Oct. 22nd
- Tuesday, Nov. 19th
- Tuesday, Dec. 17th
- Tuesday, Jan. 21st