Paid busing is offered to elementary and middle school students who reside more than 0.5 miles from their serving school and who are not otherwise eligible for free transportation. Due to capacity issues and irregular riding trends, paid busing is not offered to high school students.
After regular routes are created each year for students who are eligible for free transportation, open seats on each bus shall be made available to students interested in and eligible for paid busing. If more students apply for paid busing than seats available, a lottery will be held.
Paid busing shall only be offered only for the full year and only for both morning and afternoon routes.
- Student must be in grades Pre-kindergarten through 8th.
- Student must reside at least .5 miles from their serving school and not otherwise eligible for free transportation.
- There must be seats available on the bus route.
- Paid riders must use regular bus stops; new stops will not be created.
- The Paid Busing Fee for the 2018-19 is $410 (no change from last year).
- Applications for the lottery are due by August 10, 2018.
A lottery for available seats will be held on August 17, 2018.
- Service for paid riders will begin no later than September 5, 2018.
Parents can apply for paid busing through the “Transportation” tab in Powerschool.
- Paid busing is round trip (AM and PM) for the full school year. No half- or partial-year busing is available.