The Guiding Principles for Building Our Future Together have been finalized and represent the vision for BPS101 facilities.
- Our schools and sites are safe, secure and comfortable for all users.
- Our school facilities meet District standards for learning spaces.
- Our schools inspire pride and reflect the history of the community.
- Learning opportunities and experiences are available and accessible to all students.
- Spaces are to be flexible and adaptable for students and staff.
- Learning spaces embrace and support differing student paths.
- Our programs and spaces foster innovation and empower students.
- Our school facilities provide spaces that enhance partnerships and engagement with our community.
- Our school facilities support the social and emotional well-being of students and staff.
- Collaboration for all stakeholders is necessary for learning and growing.
- Our facilities support extra- and co-curricular opportunities and promote authentic learning experiences.
- Improvements to our facilities consider long-term sustainable operations and environmental impact.
In addition to the Guiding Principles, it is key to know what are the “must-have” items and what existing spaces or programs should not be touched because they are valued or work well. The Core Team has identified the following Must-Haves:
- Safe and Secure entrances and spaces within the building
- Physically accessible spaces that also address varied learning styles and different learning paths
- Spaces that are flexible and adaptable for all building users.
- Equitable access to learning opportunities, experiences, programs, and physical spaces
- Clean, healthy, and sustainable spaces.
The Core Team has determined that the majority of stakeholders do not want to change:
- Single high school structure
- Single middle school structure
- Grade level configuration (pK/K-5, 6-8, 9-12)
- The character of each school community in order to provide equity, safety, and flexibility
- Neighborhood school structure
- Innovative programs