Curriculum & Instruction
The Curriculum and Instruction Division advances the knowledge and professional practice in teaching and learning for Batavia Public Schools. The principle work of the Curriculum and Instruction Division is to assist teachers in facilitating exceptional academic and social progress for every student in the Batavia Public Schools.
The primary responsibilities of the division include the organization and maintenance of the district’s instructional program through the:
- Alignment of district curriculum,
- The organization of focused staff development for principals, teachers and classified staff,
- Administration of student focused academic and behavioral assessment systems,
- The coordination of ongoing school improvement and
- The management of federal, state and private grants that support the instructional progress of our students.