Required Health Examination and Immunization, Dental Examination, and Vision Examination
The School Code of Illinois and School Board Policy of Batavia Public School District 101 require that before students may start school, the following conditions must be met for entrance into Kindergarten, 2nd, 6th, 9th, and 12th grades of any student attending an Illinois school for the first time.
Health Requirements for Kindergarten, 6th-grade, 9th-grade, 12th-grade, and New-to-Illinois Students
(Download Medical Forms)
1. A complete physical examination on the Certificate of Child Health Examination form signed by a licensed physician or osteopath and dated no earlier than one year prior to the first day of school is required. A sports physical does not meet the requirements and is insufficient.
2. TRANSFER STUDENTS from out-of-state or out-of-country must provide a health form that is comparable to the Illinois requirements and is acceptable if the exam was done within one year of entering an Illinois school. If not, the above physical exam is required.
3. Parents are to sign and complete the medical history section of the form.
4. A statement from a physician or health care provider stating that the student has been screened for lead poisoning is required (kindergarten students only).
5. TB Screening is recommended but not required at this time.
6. A complete immunization record signed by the child’s health provider including:
- DPT series with last immunization after the 4th birthday
- 1 Tdap vaccination for students over 11 years old and entering grades 6-12
- Polio series with last immunization after the 4th birthday
- Hepatitis B series
- Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (2)
- Meningitis 6th grade (after 11 years old) and 12th grade (after 16 years old)
- Varicella- 2
DENTAL Requirements for Kindergarten, 2nd-grade, 6th-grade, 9th-grade, and New-to-Illinois Students
1. Dental Examination or Dental waiver
- A complete Dental examination signed and dated by a dentist is due by May 15, 2023.
- A Dental waiver may be submitted in lieu of the examination if your child is in the free and reduced lunch program and is not covered by AllKids/Medicaid, is ineligible for Dental insurance or you are unable to find a provider who accepts AllKids/Medicaid and/or there are no low-cost dental clinics in the community that will see your child.
VISION Requirements for Kindergarten and New-to-Illinois Students
1. Vision Examination or Vision Waiver
- A completed Vision examination signed and dated by an Optometrist or medical doctor who performs eye examinations is due by October 15, 2022. A completed Vision waiver may be submitted if your child is enrolled in AllKids/Medicaid and you are unable to find a provider, you do not have vision insurance including AllKids/Medicaid and there are no low-cost clinics in the community or any undue burden or lack of access to a provider of eye examinations.
12th-Grade State of Illinois Requirement
1. All incoming and transfer students entering GRADE 12 will be required to show proof of receiving two doses of the meningococcal conjugate vaccine. The first dose shall have been received on or after the 12th birthday, and the second dose shall have been received on or after the 16th birthday, at least eight weeks after the first dose. If the first dose is administered when the child is 16 years of age or older, only one dose is required.
- Download the Proof of Meningococcal Vaccine Form.
All students are encouraged to have regular well-child examinations including yearly Physical, Dental, and Vision examinations. Sports physicals are required for sports participation yearly. The sports physical form does not meet the requirement for the mandated Kindergarten, 6th-, or 9th-grade physical examination and immunization record.
COVID-19 Vaccination Information
Students are highly encouraged to get up-to-date on COVID-19 vaccines, which are readily available at the Kane Vax Hub. The CDC provides answers to frequently asked questions, busts myths, and recommends that children over 5 years or older get a COVID-19 vaccine.