8:020-E4 Use of Athletic Fields / Outside Facilities
General Conditions – Outside Facilities
Contracts may be issued to groups for organized activities during specific recreation seasons. Separate Intergovernmental Agreements may be in force with the Park District for the specific use of certain fields during specified hours. In addition, annual contracts for baseball, football and soccer fields may be issued to organized sports leagues when fields or times do not conflict with District programs or commitments under an Intergovernmental Agreement. Priority in scheduling fields by the Site Administrator shall be given to the Park District and leagues which have scheduled and used the same fields in previous years. Use of District field facilities is subject to a per participant fee to offset the costs of maintaining the fields. However, if inside building facilities are requested by these groups, a separate contract must be written, and the fee schedule for such contracts will be applicable as set forth in other sections of these procedure. Authorized users will be issued a permit signed by the Director of Buildings and Grounds. This permit must be in the possession of the authorized adult in charge of the respective activity at all times. Groups or individuals who do not have a signed permit will not be permitted to use school facilities at any time.
Terms and Conditions – Outside Facilities
1. The Renter shall properly prepare and maintain playing fields and related facilities during the period of their use. The Renter shall return the fields and facilities at the end of the rental period in the same condition as when the facilities were assumed. It shall be the judgment of the Site Administrator and/or the Director of Buildings & Grounds as to whether damages or maintenance was not completed by the renter. The cost to restore such facility shall be performed by the District and billed to the renter.
2. The Renter shall supervise both its own persons and all other persons in attendance at rental activities, and provide adequate adult leadership for children and adults in the areas used, as well as parking lots and immediately surrounding areas. The Renter shall police the premises during and following usage periods, and all rented areas shall be cleaned up by the organization, or fees paid for District personnel to do so.
3. Preparation of fields for renters program shall not interfere in any way with the school program at the site. No modification shall be made of the school premises without the approval of the Director of Buildings & Grounds. Any approved permanent modifications shall become the property of the District.
4. The Renter shall have no authority or jurisdiction over District property, or improvements, except to police these premises during the time of the renter’s activities.
5. All activities shall terminate at or before 10 p.m., and field lights shall be turned off not later than 10 p.m. No inning of a baseball game shall be started after 9:30 p.m.
6. Only authorized adults shall be allowed in press boxes or on photography platforms. Public address systems, when used, shall be operated at a volume low enough to avoid disturbance of households in areas adjacent to the premises used.
7. Concession stands shall not be opened for operation other than at times and dates when games are played. No glass containers or other breakable articles shall be dispensed at concession stands.
8. The District reserves the right to re‐schedule any or all facilities. If re‐scheduling is required, the District shall provide notice in writing to the renter of at least 24 hours in advance.
9. The District reserves the right to terminate a rental contract upon notice if the renter has violated any of the terms and conditions contained herein, or has in any way abused the privilege granted in using school facilities.
10. Use of fields is not permitted while it is raining, or if field is wet and such activity will be harmful to the playing surface, and when such conditions may present a safety hazard to users.
11. All other rules and regulations of the District pertaining to rental contract for the use of school facilities set forth in the Terms and Conditions for Rental of District Facilities shall apply to contract for outside facilities, and are binding on the renter.
12. There is no smoking on school property. Custodial fees for the cleanup of unauthorized smoking materials left behind will be charged and rental privileges will be revoked.
Date Approved: 03/09/2011