Kindergarten Preview is a one-hour session for incoming kindergartners to participate in activities as a small group, observed by teachers and parents. The preview is an opportunity to observe a sample of a child’s fine-motor, cognitive, speech and language skills. Batavia Public School District 101 strongly encourages families of incoming kindergarten students to participate. More information about preparing your child for kindergarten is available in the Kindergarten Preview Booklet.
The next Kindergarten Preview will be held on Thurs., March 2, 2017.
Online registration for the March 2, 2017, Kindergarten Preview is now closed. Please contact your child’s school if you would like to attend.
- To register for Kindergarten Preview, click here
- En español: Para inscribirse en Kindergarten Preview, haga clic aquí.
Schedule a Kindergarten Preview session at the school within your current school boundary. To qualify, your child must be turning 5 on or before Sept. 1, 2017. (Please Note: Families with children who speak primarily Spanish should consider selecting the 10 a.m. session at H.C. Storm elementary school.)
|Alice Gustafson||Grace McWayne||H.C. Storm||Hoover-Wood||J.B. Nelson||Louise White|
|9:30 AM||8:30 AM||8:30 AM||8:30 AM||8:30 AM||8:30 AM|
|11 AM||9:45 AM||10 AM*||9:45 AM||10 AM||10 AM|
|N/A||11 AM||10:30 AM||11 AM||N/A||N/A|
*Session for children who speak primarily Spanish
Every effort will be made to accommodate your scheduling preferences; however, final session times will be determined by overall response. Once you have completed the appropriate Kindergarten Preview online registration form, you will receive confirmation of your scheduled time in late February. Please contact the principal at your child’s home school if it is impossible for you to attend Kindergarten Preview.
Important Note: You will begin the registration process at Kindergarten Preview. Please bring the following required documents with you on March 2:
- Your child’s original county birth certificate
- Proof of Residency, which includes:
- Real estate tax bill, signed lease, or closing agreement/mortgage AND
- Two items with name and address (driver’s license with current address, voter registration card, utility bill, current public aid card, current homeowners/renters insurance policy and premium payment receipt)