The following messenger contains information about:
- Student Schedules
- Freshman Physicals
- Student Drop-off
1. Please have your student log-in to PowerSchool today to check their schedule (including room numbers). Some minor changes have been made to optimize room usage and student schedules. Please call 630-937-8613 if you have any questions.
2. ALL FRESHMAN physical forms and immunizations records must be turned in to the nurse BEFORE your child can attend school Tuesday Morning. Forms may be dropped off today at the Main Street office at Batavia High School. Students who do not have documentation of a scheduled appointment or completed physicals on file will be sent home Tuesday morning. PLEASE bring or fax in these required documents today. The BHS FAX number is 630-937-8601. If you are a student new to Illinois and Batavia Schools, this deadline does not apply.
ALL students requiring medication on the first day of school need to have their medication forms on file in the nurse's office. This includes diabetic orders and supplies.
3. High School Student Drop-off
The high school and the Batavia Police Department would like to make the following reminders to help ease the traffic congestion and maintain a safe environment for our students:
• If you must drive your student(s) to school, try to leave earlier if possible to reduce the number of cars trying to enter the Main Street lot between 7:15-7:30 AM.
• Please pull your car all the way up to the western most point for student drop off. This will allow more vehicles to exit off Main Street and will keep the drop off traffic flowing. Also, please try and avoid sitting in your vehicle to converse. It is important that we respect everyone's time schedule and keep the line of traffic flowing.
• Avoid dropping students off on Main Street, Millview, Wilson Street, and Western Avenue. This causes further traffic delays and puts students' safety at risk.
• Please do not use the student lot on the Wilson Street side of the school for dropping off students. This lot is full of less experienced student drivers and students walking into the school. Dropping students off in the Wilson lot is prohibited and extremely dangerous for our students.
If each of us does our part to follow these traffic pattern tips, then hopefully the traffic congestion and travel times will diminish, and more importantly, our students will arrive to school safely. Hopefully, the warmer weather is not too far away.
We thank you for your attention to this matter and for your cooperation. Bulldog Pride!
We look forward to seeing all of the Bulldogs tomorrow!!!