This newsletter contains information related to the following topics:
- P.E. Uniforms
- Schedule Completion and Locker Move In
- Fee Payments
- "New" to District meeting
- 6th and 7th grade Calculators
- Office Hours
1. P.E. Uniforms can be purchased at RMS . Shirts are $8; shorts are $10. P.E. uniforms can only be purchased at RMS.
2. Payments for school fees will begin on August 1st. At that time, you can pay school fees by logging into PowerSchool and clicking on the green "Payments" link. You will be guided through the payment process. If you have updates to make to your registration information, you may complete that now. Fees will only be accepted beginning on August 1st.
3. "Schedule Completion - Locker Move In" day is August 8th. This time is intended to handle walk in fee payments, answer scheduling questions, and allow students to test lockers and walk their schedules. Physicals may also be turned in at this time. Each grade level is assigned a specific time. 7th grade is 8:30 - 10:00; 8th grade from 10:30 - noon; 6th grade from 1:30 - 3:00. An evening time is available for all with limited staff from 5:30 - 7:00. Parents are strongly encouraged to pay fees on-line. Schedules will then be printable from home beginning August 8th. Locker numbers with combination will be printed on the schedule.
4. Incoming 6th graders need physicals and proof of immunizations as part of the registration process. Those without physicals will be excluded.
5. If you are "New to the District" we will have a meeting for new students and parents on August 6th from 10 - noon. We will provide a brief overview of the school day and procedures, curriculum, activities, and allow time to tour the building.
6. Calculators for 6th and 7th graders are NOT included in pre-ordered supply kits. The required calculator for 6th and 7th graders is the TI 30XIIS.
7. PowerSchool is currently unavailable for maintenance.
8. We continue to make changes to our master schedule and student teams. Student schedules are NOT finalized. Final schedules will not be available until August 8th.
9. Our daily public office hours are 8 - noon. Please excuse our dust as we are in the middle of summer repair work. This work includes significant upgrades to our HVAC system, the painting of all classrooms and offices, along with re-carpeting of the office area. Because of this work the RMS office will be CLOSED to the public Monday and Tuesday, July 23rd and 24th.
10. Regular information is posted on the RMS website in the "News and Announcements" section. Call us with questions at 630-937-8700.
Steve Maciejewski, Principal