English Language Learners
English Language Learners Program
Batavia Public Schools and the faculty and staff of the English Language Learners program are committed to the long-term success of students through growth in: Language Development, Literacy Skills, Content Mastery, Cognitive Competencies, Social Competencies and Emotional Learning.
- Demonstrate student language and academic growth that closes the achievement gap in math and language arts.
- Create a collaborative relationship with parents, families and school staff sharing responsibility for student achievement.
- Develop a professional learning network within the department.
- Develop systematic and consistent processes to guide instruction for our EL students.
Align district and department resources to best practice for maximum student growth.
This program is designed for students who have a language background other than English, as indicated on the Home Language Survey completed by parents or guardians. An individual English Language Proficiency Screener will determine the student's eligibility for ESL services.
This is program is designed for students who have a language background in Spanish as indicated on the Home Language Survey completed by parents or guardians. An individual English Language Proficiency Screener as well as a Spanish Language Proficiency Screener will determine the students eligibility.
A Partnership with Parents/Guardians…
- Parent involvement in each child’s educational program is encouraged and welcomed by the ELL staff and school communities.
- Parent Advisory Council will meet five (5) times each school year and all parents are invited to participate.
- Telephonic translation services will be provided for all parent communication.